About these Conditions
The purpose of these Conditions of Entry is to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all visitors to Arts Centre Melbourne (ACM).
These Conditions of Entry (“Conditions”) apply to your entry and use of the Victorian Arts Centre Trust’s (Trust) venues at ACM, including, without limitation, the ACM theatres building and external areas including the Forecourt and Lawn, Hamer Hall, ACM Car Park and Sidney Myer Music Bowl (Premises).
In these Conditions, references to:
- (a) we, us, our or ACM means the Trust, and its employees, agents, officers and independent contractors;
- (b) you or your refers to you, or any person with you, including any dependents or children under your supervision.
You must comply with these Conditions and follow the reasonable directions of ACM team members, as well as any signage in relation to your entry and use of the Premises.
We reserve the right to deny entry to or remove any person from the Premises.
You are responsible for the security of your own belongings while on the Premises and you must not:
- (a) leave any bags or personal items unattended;
- (b) have in your possession and/or refuse to surrender to ACM team members any prohibited object or article including but not limited to dangerous items, photographic or recording equipment or food or alcohol that is not permitted to be brought into or used in the Premises; or
- (c) refuse to undergo a physical search or a search of your belongings.
We reserve the right to:
- (a) inspect and search you and your belongings while you are on the Premises;
- (b) require any bag or personal items to be stored in our cloakroom, which may attract a fee;
- (c) exclude all bags from the Premises when deemed appropriate; and
- (d) deny entry or remove you from the Premises (without refund) if you refuse to comply with these above Conditions of Entry.
You are responsible for behaving in a manner that does not interfere with the safety and enjoyment of others. Specifically, you must not:
- (a) behave in a manner which causes or may cause property damage or that threatens or may threaten the safety of performers, visitors, other audience members or any other persons, including as a result of intoxication; or
- (b) behave in a manner that unreasonably interferes with other audience members enjoyment of the Premises, including through the use of cameras, mobile phones, personal computers, paging devices or other electronic devices.
- (a) At Arts Centre Melbourne, we aim to provide the best possible working environment for our team members and anyone who enters our spaces: one that is based on collaboration and respect.
- (b) Whether you are a customer, visitor, employee, contractor, artist, technical crew, function attendee or volunteer, we expect you to contribute to an environment that upholds these standards.
- (c) When you are at an Arts Centre Melbourne venue, if you experience harassment or feel unsafe, please report it as soon as possible to an Arts Centre Melbourne team member (identifiable from name badges). All reports of harassment, bullying and other inappropriate behaviour will be swiftly investigated in accordance with Arts Centre Melbourne’s policies and relevant legislation and acted upon as appropriate.
You must not:
- (a) touch or interfere with the artwork or any other objects on display in exhibitions, displays or in the foyer of the Premises unless the item is clearly designated as an interactive element;
- (b) smoke or use e-cigarettes indoors at the Premises, or outside the designated smoking zone at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl;
- (c) take photographs, audio, or video recording where this has been restricted;
- (d) consume food or drink (including alcohol) purchased outside the Premises (except as expressly permitted at certain events at the Sidney Myer Music Bowl), unless otherwise indicated;
- (e) purchase or consume alcohol at or on the Premises unless you are 18 years of age or older;
- (f) bring animals onto the Premises, unless they are registered assistance animals;
- (g) enter areas of the Premises not open to the public, unless authorised by the Trust; or
- (h) bring bicycles, motorcycles, motorised/electric scooters or segways into the building without the express permission of the Trust.
Children under the age of 15
Children under the age of 15 must be under the supervision of a responsible adult (18 years of age or older) at all times.
Use of your image
You consent to and authorise us to film, record or photograph you (Recording), and to reproduce Recordings in any audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction in any medium or context for any purpose without further authorisation by, or compensation or attribution to you. All Recordings are our sole property and you release us from liability arising on account of such usage.
Security cameras are operating on the Premises and you acknowledge that you may be filmed.
Admission to events
You must have a valid ticket or entry pass to attend an event or performance and appropriate evidence of entitlement when purchasing a ticket or attending an event or performance with a concession.
Once an Event has commenced, admittance or re-admittance to the Venue will usually be during a suitable break in the Event and may be to a different seating location. For some events, admittance or re-admittance may not be possible.
Further information is contained in our Terms and Conditions of Purchase.
You enter the Premises at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Trust will not be responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from your entry to the Premises.
These Conditions prevail in the event of inconsistency with any specific conditions which may apply to:
- (a) your use of the ACM Car Park, in which case the conditions will be clearly stated at the Car Park Entry Point and online; or
- (b) certain events, in which case the conditions will be clearly stated on the event’s webpage.
We collect, use and disclose personal information in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available at artscentremelbourne.com.au/privacy-policy.
Complaints and Feedback
Consumers are encouraged to provide feedback on the services provided by the Trust. For information on how to provide feedback to the Trust visit artscentremelbourne.com.au.